By Robert D. Fulk,Christopher M. Cain
This revised variation of A background of outdated English Literature attracts broadly at the newest scholarship to have developed over the past decade. The textual content accommodates extra fabric all through, together with new chapters on Anglo-Saxon manuscripts and incidental and marginal texts.
- This revised variation responds to the renewed historicism in medieval studies
- Provides wide-ranging assurance, together with Anglo-Latin literature in addition to non-canonical writings
- Includes new chapters on manuscripts and on marginal and incidental texts
- Incorporates extended assurance of felony texts and clinical and scholastic texts, now taken care of in separate chapters
- Demonstrates that the sector of Anglo-Saxon experiences is uniquely put to give a contribution to present literary debates
Read or Download A History of Old English Literature (Blackwell History of Literature) PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
Via a chain of cutting edge serious readings Richard Hunter builds an image of the way the ancients mentioned the that means of literary works and their significance in society. He can pay specific realization to the interaction of feedback and creativity by way of no longer treating feedback in isolation from the works which the critics mentioned.
"Legendary Rome" is the 1st e-book to provide a comparative therapy of the reinvention of Rome's origins within the poetry of Vergil, Tibullus and Propertius. It additionally examines the impression that the altering topography of Rome, as orchestrated via the emperor Augustus, had on these poets' renditions of Rome's mythical earlier.
This important serious anthology explores the lifetime of Anna Komnene, the Byzantine context within which she wrote, and the influence of the Alexiad on her occasions and on next old works of literature.
An interdisciplinary method, the most important because it is in so much fields of study, proves itself to be unescapable within the research of interactions among the traditional Armenian and Greek worlds and literatures. the quantity arises from such an knowledge and collects papers provided in a convention which has been prepared in 2013 on the college of Genova, due to a cooperation with the Université Paris-Sorbonne, following within the footsteps of a practice inaugurated via Giancarlo Bolognesi within the years '80 and '90.
- Medieval Scholarship: Biographical Studies on the Formation of a Discipline: Literature and Philology: 2 (Garland Library of Medieval Literature)
- Adam Usk's Secret (The Middle Ages Series)
- The Many-Headed Muse: Tradition and Innovation in Late Classical Greek Lyric Poetry
- Beowulf and Old Germanic Metre (Cambridge Studies in Anglo-Saxon England)
- The Cynewulf Reader (Basic Readings in Anglo-Saxon England)
Additional info for A History of Old English Literature (Blackwell History of Literature)