By Suping Lu
Read or Download A Mission under Duress: The Nanjing Massacre and Post-Massacre Social Conditions Documented by American Diplomats PDF
Similar war & peace books
Written among the 2 international Wars this quantity examines schooling from the yank, British, French & German views and the measure to which the portrayal of these nations at school textbooks contributes to nationalism or international peace.
Democracies are super not likely to salary battle opposed to different democracies – this major proposition of the Democratic Peace idea constitutes the place to begin for this quantity. Chapters authored by way of specialists from assorted components of the area discover the concept that of Democratic Peace in better intensity with regards to chosen factor components and compared to different techniques resembling protection groups or concert events of powers.
This quantity examines mechanisms for local peacemaking and clash administration in Europe and the center East. so far little study has been dedicated to uncovering the stipulations for peace, and the criteria that give a contribution to stabilizing the country of peace. This quantity assesses the standards that give a contribution to neighborhood pacification, the incentives that inspire states in developing peaceable family members, and most significantly, how areas develop into peaceable.
International locations hardly disappear off the map. within the twentieth century, just a couple of international locations shared this destiny with Yugoslavia. The dissolution of Yugoslavia resulted in the biggest struggle in Europe on the grounds that 1945, colossal human rights violations and over 100,000 sufferers. Debating the top of Yugoslavia is much less an try to re-write the dissolution of Yugoslavia, or to supply a unique narrative, than to take inventory and think of the scholarship thus far.
- In/security in Colombia: Writing Political Identities in the Democratic Security Policy (New Approaches to Conflict Analysis MUP)
- Military Robots: Mapping the Moral Landscape (Military and Defence Ethics)
- Nation Building: Why Some Countries Come Together While Others Fall Apart (Princeton Studies in Global and Comparative Sociology)
- Military Chaplains in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Beyond: Advisement and Leader Engagement in Highly Religious Environments (Peace and Security in the 21st Century)
- Peacemaking: From Practice to Theory (Praeger Security International)
- Criminalized Power Structures: The Overlooked Enemies of Peace (Peace and Security in the 21st Century)
Additional resources for A Mission under Duress: The Nanjing Massacre and Post-Massacre Social Conditions Documented by American Diplomats