By Geoffrey Herman
Read Online or Download A Prince without a Kingdom: The Exilarch in the Sasanian Era (Texts and Studies in Ancient Judaism) PDF
Similar judaism books
Contemplative state demanding situations the long-standing view that theology isn't really an essential component of the Jewish culture. For political and philosophical purposes, either students of Judaism and Jewish thinkers have sought to lessen the function of theology in Judaism. This ebook constructs a brand new version for realizing Jewish theological language that emphasizes the vital function of theological mirrored image in Judaism and the shut dating among theological mirrored image and non secular perform within the Jewish culture.
Within the narrative of Israel and Judah present in the ebook of Kings, the tip of a king's rule is summed up in a chain of inventory statements that commence with the poetic idiom for dying: 'and [the king] lay along with his fathers. ' The precis statements all revolve round the challenge of royal loss of life and succession, encapsulated in a quick epilogue that consisted in most cases of a detect of burial (in the royal tombs) and the creation of the successor.
During this examine, Aleksander Michalak focuses regularly at the organization of angelic beings with war within the Jewish literary resources. the writer has tested some of the depictions of the warrior angels within the literature of the second one Temple interval on the subject of the roots of such representations, their acceptance, and numerous theological implications.
The Yudisher Theriak [Jewish Theriac] through Zalman Zvi of Aufhausen, first released in Hanau, in 1615, used to be a reaction to an anti-Jewish paintings titled Jüdischer abgestreiffter Schlangenbalg [Jewish Shed Snakeskin], written through a Jewish convert to Chistianity, Samuel Friedrich Brenz, and released in Nürnberg and Augsburg in 1614.
- The Vision in Job 4 and Its Role in the Book: Reframing the Development of the Joban Dialogues. Studies of the Sofja Kovalevskaja Research Group on Early ... (Forschungen zum Alten Testament. 2. Reihe)
- The Book Of Women's Love (Kegan Paul Library of Jewish Studies)
- Jewish Tales of Reincarnation
- The Codification of Jewish Law and an Introduction to the Jurisprudence of the Mishna Berura
- God, His Servant, and the Nations in Isaiah 42:1-9: Biblical Theological Reflections after Brevard S. Childs and Hans Hübner (Forschungen zum Alten Testament. 2. Reihe)
- A Marginal Jew: Rethinking the Historical Jesus, Volume 4: Law and Love: Rethinking the Historical Jesus v. 4 (The Anchor Yale Bible Reference Library)
Extra resources for A Prince without a Kingdom: The Exilarch in the Sasanian Era (Texts and Studies in Ancient Judaism)