By J. Henry Owusu
Read Online or Download Africa, Tropical Timber, Turfs, and Trade: Geographic Perspectives on Ghana’s Timber Industry and Development PDF
Similar labour & industrial relations books
Initially released in 1988, this booklet compiles a suite of works investigating the effect of recession on women's employment. The authors argue that crucial rationalization of changes in women's event among the international locations is the shape of labour industry legislation and organization.
Social defense platforms in Latin the United States built in a fragmented demeanour, supplying various entry to advantages and profit degrees to inhabitants teams. within the context of common casual and precarious paintings, social coverage associations may well basically supply constrained insurance. during this context, growth towards a Citizen's source of revenue coverage in Latin the US is dependent upon the potential of reappraising its value for an built-in institutional method which promotes the empowerment and financial independence of individuals.
Operating humans in Alberta lines the background of labour in Alberta from the interval of First international locations profession to the current. Drawing on over 200 interviews with labour leaders, activists, and traditional operating humans, in addition to on archival documents, the amount supplies voice to the folk who've toiled in Alberta over the centuries.
In 1897 the Berwind-White Coal Mining corporation based Windber as a firm city for its miners within the bituminous coal nation of Pennsylvania. The Miners of Windber chronicles the arrival of unionization to Windber, from the Eighteen Nineties, while millions of recent immigrants flooded Pennsylvania looking for paintings, in the course of the New Deal period of the Nineteen Thirties, while the miners' rights to arrange, subscribe to the United Mine employees of the US, and cut price jointly have been well-known after years of sour fight.
- Trotskyists on Trial: Free Speech and Political Persecution Since the Age of FDR (Culture, Labor, History)
- Changing Contours of Work: Jobs and Opportunities in the New Economy (Sociology for a New Century Series)
- Gender and the European Labour Market (Routledge Studies in the European Economy)
- High-Skilled Immigration in a Global Labor Market
- The Food Industries of Europe in the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries
- Employing Bureaucracy: Managers, Unions, and the Transformation of Work in the 20th Century, Revised Edition (Organization and Management Series)
Additional resources for Africa, Tropical Timber, Turfs, and Trade: Geographic Perspectives on Ghana’s Timber Industry and Development