By Fiona Macintosh,Pantelis Michelakis,Edith Hall,Oliver Taplin
feminist pondering. participants to this interdisciplinary selection of eighteen essays on its functionality historical past comprise classical students, theatre historians, and specialists in English and comparative literature. All Greek and Latin has been translated; the e-book is generously illustrated, and supplemented with
the worthy study relief of a chronological appendix of performances.
Read or Download Agamemnon in Performance 458 BC to AD 2004 PDF
Best literary medieval criticism books
Via a chain of leading edge serious readings Richard Hunter builds an image of the way the ancients mentioned the that means of literary works and their significance in society. He will pay specific realization to the interaction of feedback and creativity by way of now not treating feedback in isolation from the works which the critics mentioned.
"Legendary Rome" is the 1st e-book to supply a comparative remedy of the reinvention of Rome's origins within the poetry of Vergil, Tibullus and Propertius. It additionally examines the impression that the altering topography of Rome, as orchestrated by means of the emperor Augustus, had on these poets' renditions of Rome's mythical previous.
This crucial serious anthology explores the lifetime of Anna Komnene, the Byzantine context within which she wrote, and the impression of the Alexiad on her occasions and on next ancient works of literature.
An interdisciplinary method, an important because it is in such a lot fields of study, proves itself to be unescapable within the research of interactions among the traditional Armenian and Greek worlds and literatures. the amount arises from such an wisdom and collects papers awarded in a convention which has been equipped in 2013 on the collage of Genova, due to a cooperation with the Université Paris-Sorbonne, following within the footsteps of a convention inaugurated through Giancarlo Bolognesi within the years '80 and '90.
- Pindar and the Cult of Heroes (Oxford Classical Monographs)
- Dante's Sacred Poem: Flesh and the Centrality of the Eucharist to The Divine Comedy
- Reading the Runes in Old English and Old Norse Poetry
- Cicero: Speech on Behalf of Publius Sestius (Clarendon Ancient History Series)
- Eustache Deschamps: Selected Poems (Routledge Medieval Texts)
- Claassens, Geert H. M.; Knapp, Fritz Peter; Pérennec, René: Germania Litteraria Mediaevalis Francigena: Höfischer Roman in Vers und Prosa: Claassens, ... ... Mediaevalis Francigena) (German Edition)
Additional info for Agamemnon in Performance 458 BC to AD 2004