By Andrew Hund
This one-stop reference is an ideal source for a person drawn to the North and South Poles, no matter if their curiosity pertains to historical past, flora and fauna, or the geography of those areas within the information today.
• Introduces average phenomena and wildlife came upon on the North and South Pole regions
• Discusses present matters regarding weather swap and its effect at the polar regions
• Furnishes scholars with an figuring out of territorial claims and political concerns surrounding the North and South Poles
• comprises cross-references to let readers to attract connections among topics
• bargains additional readings on the finish of every access in addition to a advisor to comparable issues to stimulate scholar research
Read or Download Antarctica and the Arctic Circle: A Geographic Encyclopedia of the Earth's Polar Regions [2 volumes] PDF
Best earth sciences books
The Grand Staircase-Escalante nationwide Monument in Utah is the site of 1 of the best-known terrestrial files for the past due Cretaceous. a massive attempt within the new century has documented over 2,000 new vertebrate fossil websites, supplied new radiometric dates, and pointed out 5 new genera of ceratopsids, new species of hadrosaur, a possible new genus of hypsilophodontid, new pachycephalosaurs and ankylosaurs, a number of sorts of theropods (including a brand new genus of oviraptor and a brand new tyrannosaur), plus the main entire specimen of a past due Cretaceous therizinosaur ever amassed from North the United States, and lots more and plenty extra.
Fifteen years have handed considering i used to be operating at a dam web site large vising grouting paintings. That used to be no longer the 1st time that I needed to motor vehicle ry out engineering geological investigations for a number of related initiatives, which continually integrated checking out programmes to determine the permeability of the rock, and infrequently i used to be accountable for grouting paintings.
Geomorphology of valuable the USA is authored by means of a scientist with greater than 30 years of local review learn adventure in critical American international locations, arming scientists with a vintage study method—a technique ultimate while utilized to express geographic areas globally. The medical options used for assessing nearby experiences of a space mirror a degree of craftsmanship that has turn into tougher to come back by way of over the last 3 a long time and underscores the significance of nearby exams of geomorphological positive aspects.
This paintings studies the mechanism of rifting with a spotlight on pre-existing tectonic weaknesses in pre-rift and/or basement rocks, i. e. , on tectonic inheritance. The passive margins which are studied during this publication are the Norwegian Continental Shelf, the japanese North the United States and the East and West Indian Continental Margins.
- Applications of Geospatial Technology
- Permo-Triassic Salt Provinces of Europe, North Africa and the Atlantic Margins: Tectonics and Hydrocarbon Potential
- Tomography of the Earth’s Crust: From Geophysical Sounding to Real-Time Monitoring: GEOTECHNOLOGIEN Science Report No. 21 (Advanced Technologies in Earth Sciences)
- Introduction to the Physical and Biological Oceanography of Shelf Seas
- Seismic Stratigraphy, Basin Analysis and Reservoir Characterisation: 37 (Handbook of Geophysical Exploration: Seismic Exploration)
- Earth Observation for Land and Emergency Monitoring
Additional resources for Antarctica and the Arctic Circle: A Geographic Encyclopedia of the Earth's Polar Regions [2 volumes]