By A. F. L. Beeston,T. M. Johnstone,R. B. Serjeant,G. R. Smith
Read Online or Download Arabic Literature to the End of the Umayyad Period (The Cambridge History of Arabic Literature) PDF
Best literary medieval criticism books
Via a chain of leading edge serious readings Richard Hunter builds an image of ways the ancients mentioned the that means of literary works and their significance in society. He will pay specific consciousness to the interaction of feedback and creativity via now not treating feedback in isolation from the works which the critics mentioned.
"Legendary Rome" is the 1st ebook to supply a comparative therapy of the reinvention of Rome's origins within the poetry of Vergil, Tibullus and Propertius. It additionally examines the influence that the altering topography of Rome, as orchestrated by way of the emperor Augustus, had on these poets' renditions of Rome's mythical earlier.
This crucial serious anthology explores the lifetime of Anna Komnene, the Byzantine context within which she wrote, and the influence of the Alexiad on her instances and on next ancient works of literature.
An interdisciplinary method, an important because it is in such a lot fields of analysis, proves itself to be unescapable within the learn of interactions among the traditional Armenian and Greek worlds and literatures. the quantity arises from such an expertise and collects papers offered in a convention which has been geared up in 2013 on the college of Genova, because of a cooperation with the Université Paris-Sorbonne, following within the footsteps of a practice inaugurated by way of Giancarlo Bolognesi within the years '80 and '90.
- Petrarch the Poet (Routledge Revivals): An Introduction to the 'Rerum Vulgarium Fragmenta'
- Gonzalo de Berceo and the Latin Miracles of the Virgin: A Translation and a Study
- A Companion to Catullus (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
- Formen arthurischen Erzählens: Vom Mittelalter bis in die Gegenwart (Schriften der Internationalen Artusgesellschaft) (German Edition)
- The Holy Portolano / Le Portulan sacré: The Sacred Geography of Navigation in the Middle Ages. Fribourg Colloquium 2013 / La géographie religieuse de la ... Fribourgeois 2013 (Scrinium Friburgense)
Additional info for Arabic Literature to the End of the Umayyad Period (The Cambridge History of Arabic Literature)