By Raphael Susewind
More than a decade after the 2002 riots in Gujarat, this empirical typology sheds mild at the variety of Muslim civil society and Muslims in civil society. Muslim peace activists in post-conflict Gujarat adventure the 'ambivalence of the sacred' as a private dynamic; as faith-based actors, secular technocrats, emancipating girls and doubting execs, they try for a greater destiny in various and infrequently awesome methods. by means of taking their range heavily, this e-book sharpens the excellence among ambivalence and ambiguity, and gives clean views on faith and politics in India today.
Read Online or Download Being Muslim and Working for Peace: Ambivalence and Ambiguity in Gujarat PDF
Similar war & peace books
Written among the 2 international Wars this quantity examines schooling from the yankee, British, French & German views and the measure to which the portrayal of these international locations at school textbooks contributes to nationalism or international peace.
Democracies are tremendous not likely to salary struggle opposed to different democracies – this major proposition of the Democratic Peace conception constitutes the start line for this quantity. Chapters authored through specialists from diverse elements of the realm discover the idea that of Democratic Peace in larger intensity with regards to chosen factor parts and compared to different ideas akin to defense groups or concert events of powers.
This quantity examines mechanisms for nearby peacemaking and clash administration in Europe and the center East. so far little examine has been dedicated to uncovering the stipulations for peace, and the criteria that give a contribution to stabilizing the country of peace. This quantity assesses the standards that give a contribution to local pacification, the incentives that encourage states in constructing peaceable relatives, and most significantly, how areas turn into peaceable.
International locations not often disappear off the map. within the twentieth century, just a couple of international locations shared this destiny with Yugoslavia. The dissolution of Yugoslavia ended in the biggest conflict in Europe in view that 1945, huge human rights violations and over 100,000 sufferers. Debating the tip of Yugoslavia is much less an try and re-write the dissolution of Yugoslavia, or to supply a unique narrative, than to take inventory and think about the scholarship up to now.
- Mediation in the Asia-Pacific Region: Transforming Conflicts and Building Peace (Routledge Advances in International Relations and Global Politics)
- Youth Encounter Programs in Israel: Pedagogy, Identity, and Social Change (Syracuse Studies on Peace and Conflict Resolution)
- Identity, Violence and Power: Mobilising Hatred, Demobilising Dissent (Identity Studies in the Social Sciences)
- The First Northern Ireland Peace Process: Power-Sharing, Sunningdale and the IRA Ceasefires 1972-76
- Conflict Transformation and Religion: Essays on Faith, Power, and Relationship
- Society of Terror: Inside the Dachau and Buchenwald Concentration Camps
Extra resources for Being Muslim and Working for Peace: Ambivalence and Ambiguity in Gujarat