By Dennis Hayes
Beyond McDonaldization offers new strategies of upper schooling for the twenty-first century in a distinct demeanour, not easy a lot that's written in mainstream texts. This e-book undertakes a reassessment of the expansion of McDonaldization in larger schooling by means of exploring how the applying of Ritzer’s 4 good points efficiency, predictability, calculability and control has develop into commonplace.
This wide-ranging textual content discusses arguments surrounding the industrialisation of upper schooling, with case stories and contributions from a variety of overseas authors. Written in an obtainable kind, Beyond McDonaldization examines questions similar to:
- Can we regain educational freedom while tough the McDonaldization of suggestion and ideas?
- Is a McDonaldization of each element of educational lifestyles inevitable?
- Will the hot specialize in scholar event harm younger people?
Why is a McDonaldized schooling dwelling on borrowed time?
- Is it attainable to recreate the collage of the earlier or needs to we begin anew?
- Does this industrialisation meet the tutorial wishes of constructing economies?
This ebook brings foreign discussions at the altering international of upper schooling and the idea of McDonaldization jointly, looking to supply a favorable destiny imaginative and prescient of upper schooling. Analysing and situating the dialogue of upper schooling inside a much broader social, political and cultural context, this ground-breaking textual content may have a well-liked charm with scholars, teachers and educationalists.
Read Online or Download Beyond McDonaldization: Visions of Higher Education PDF
Best college & university education books
Knowing group faculties presents a complete evaluate of the neighborhood collage landscape—management and governance, finance, scholar demographics and improvement, instructing and studying, coverage, school, and group development—and bridges the distance among study and perform. This contributed quantity brings jointly hugely revered students within the box who depend on massive theoretical perspectives—critical idea, social idea, institutional concept, and organizational theory—for a wealthy and expansive research of neighborhood schools.
This well known textual content combines thought, study, and functions to coach students the way to develop into extra self-regulated beginners. examine talents are handled as a significant educational process research. scholars know about human motivation and studying as they increase their learn abilities. the focal point is on proper info and lines designed to assist scholars to spot the parts of educational studying that give a contribution to excessive success, to grasp and perform powerful studying and learn ideas, after which to accomplish self-regulation reviews wherein they're taught a method for bettering their educational habit.
Survival of the traditionally Black schools and Universities as edited by way of North Carolina A&T kingdom collage Chancellor Emeritus Edward fortress, conceptualizes the concepts, strategic making plans energies, and supply platforms that may be of counsel to HBCU's as they proceed to outlive during this age of uncertainty.
Whereas there are occasions while the combo of previous and new constructions and the chaotic actions of millions of scholars can provide a haphazard visual appeal to the collage, campus making plans has in reality develop into a hugely subtle type of structure. this is often tested in a resounding style via this immensely informative and exciting historical past of the evolution of the campuses of the collage of Michigan by means of Fred Mayer, who served for greater than 3 many years because the campus planner for the college in the course of a major interval of its development through the past due 20th century.
- Community College Finance: A Guide for Institutional Leaders
- New Strategies for Educational Fund Raising (ACE/Praeger Series on Higher Education)
- The Market for Learning: Leading Transparent Higher Education
- The Handbook of the Evolving Research of Transformative Learning (Adult Education Special Topics: Theory, Research and Practice in LifeLong Learning)
- The New Talent Acquisition Frontier: Integrating HR and Diversity Strategy in the Private and Public Sectors and Higher Education
- Teacher Education, Diversity, and Community Engagement in Liberal Arts Colleges
Additional resources for Beyond McDonaldization: Visions of Higher Education