By Mark Cowett
American Jewish heritage has been criticized for its parochial nature since it has consisted principally of chronicles of yankee Jewish lifestyles and has frequently did not discover the connection among Jews and different ethnic teams in America.
Read Online or Download Birmingham's Rabbi: Morris Newfield and Alabama, 1895-1940 (Judaic Studies Series) PDF
Similar judaism books
Contemplative state demanding situations the long-standing view that theology isn't really an essential component of the Jewish culture. For political and philosophical purposes, either students of Judaism and Jewish thinkers have sought to lessen the position of theology in Judaism. This e-book constructs a brand new version for realizing Jewish theological language that emphasizes the critical function of theological mirrored image in Judaism and the shut dating among theological mirrored image and non secular perform within the Jewish culture.
Within the narrative of Israel and Judah present in the booklet of Kings, the tip of a king's rule is summed up in a sequence of inventory statements that start with the poetic idiom for demise: 'and [the king] lay together with his fathers. ' The precis statements all revolve round the challenge of royal demise and succession, encapsulated in a quick epilogue that consisted in general of a discover of burial (in the royal tombs) and the creation of the successor.
During this research, Aleksander Michalak focuses ordinarily at the organization of angelic beings with struggle within the Jewish literary resources. the writer has tested many of the depictions of the warrior angels within the literature of the second one Temple interval with regards to the roots of such representations, their acceptance, and numerous theological implications.
The Yudisher Theriak [Jewish Theriac] by means of Zalman Zvi of Aufhausen, first released in Hanau, in 1615, used to be a reaction to an anti-Jewish paintings titled Jüdischer abgestreiffter Schlangenbalg [Jewish Shed Snakeskin], written through a Jewish convert to Chistianity, Samuel Friedrich Brenz, and released in Nürnberg and Augsburg in 1614.
- Das letzte Gericht: Studien zur Endgerichtserwartung von den Schriftpropheten bis Jesus (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament / 2. Reihe) (German Edition)
- Searching for a Distant God: The Legacy of Maimonides
- Thy Father’s Instruction: Reading the Nuremberg Miscellany as Jewish Cultural History (Studia Judaica)
- Allgemeines Priestertum: Zur Metaphorisierung des Priestertitels im Frühjudentum und Neuen Testament (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament) (German Edition)
- Making Men: The Male Coming-of-Age Theme in the Hebrew Bible
- The Anti-Journalist: Karl Kraus and Jewish Self-Fashioning in Fin-de-Siecle Europe (Studies in German-Jewish Cultural History and Literature, Franz Rosenzweig Miner)
Extra resources for Birmingham's Rabbi: Morris Newfield and Alabama, 1895-1940 (Judaic Studies Series)