By Charles F. Howlett,Ian Harris
Read Online or Download Books, Not Bombs (Peace Education) PDF
Similar war & peace books
Written among the 2 global Wars this quantity examines schooling from the yankee, British, French & German views and the measure to which the portrayal of these nations at school textbooks contributes to nationalism or international peace.
Democracies are tremendous not going to salary battle opposed to different democracies – this major proposition of the Democratic Peace concept constitutes the place to begin for this quantity. Chapters authored by way of specialists from various elements of the area discover the idea that of Democratic Peace in larger intensity in terms of chosen factor parts and compared to different techniques akin to safety groups or live shows of powers.
This quantity examines mechanisms for neighborhood peacemaking and clash administration in Europe and the center East. thus far little study has been dedicated to uncovering the stipulations for peace, and the criteria that give a contribution to stabilizing the kingdom of peace. This quantity assesses the standards that give a contribution to nearby pacification, the incentives that encourage states in setting up peaceable family members, and most significantly, how areas develop into peaceable.
Nations infrequently disappear off the map. within the twentieth century, just a couple of nations shared this destiny with Yugoslavia. The dissolution of Yugoslavia ended in the most important battle in Europe due to the fact 1945, mammoth human rights violations and over 100,000 sufferers. Debating the top of Yugoslavia is much less an try to re-write the dissolution of Yugoslavia, or to supply a special narrative, than to take inventory and think of the scholarship up to now.
- Transitional Justice, Judicial Accountability and the Rule of Law (Glasshouse Book Transitional Justice)
- The ‘Long 1970s’: Human Rights, East-West Détente and Transnational Relations
- Grassroots Pacifism in Post-War Japan: The Rebirth of a Nation (Sheffield Centre for Japanese Studies/Routledge Series)
- South America and Peace Operations: Coming of Age (Cass Series on Peacekeeping)
- Media and Peace in the Middle East: The Role of Journalism in Israel-Palestine (Palgrave Studies in Compromise after Conflict)
- Saudi Arabia and Iran: Friends or Foes?
Additional resources for Books, Not Bombs (Peace Education)