By Rebecca Wagner Oettinger
By John A. Hall,Ove Korsgaard,Ove K. Pedersen,Ove Korsgaard
Persevering via years of humiliation, inner clash, and career, Denmark now boasts one of many world's so much solid and democratic political platforms, in addition to one among its richest economies. From catastrophe to luck, development the state emphasizes the function of nationwide icons and social activities within the formation of Denmark. The poet, political thinker, clergyman, and founding father N.F.S. Grundtvig is in comparison to Rousseau and Durkheim in France, to Herder and Fichte in Germany, and to different nice thinkers within the usa and eire. in the course of his lifetime, the dominion of Denmark reworked from monarchy to democracy and moved from agrarianism to a latest financial system - evolutions to which Grundtvig himself contributed. He has develop into a primary and inescapable reference-point for discussions approximately country, democracy, freedom, faith, and schooling in Denmark and out of the country.
Situating Grundtvig in either the heritage of Denmark and the highbrow historical past of nineteenth-century Europe, development the state argues for the centrality of his impression within the making of contemporary Denmark, in addition to the continued impression of his work.
By Claudia Stein
By Enrique López
Fulfilling the necessity for English-source fabric on modern Spain, this booklet offers readers with an in-depth, interdisciplinary advisor to the rustic of Spain and its difficult, varied culture.
• Serves as a common reference consultant to Spain that offers ancient info in addition to information about way of life in modern day Spain
• Covers an enormous number of issues starting from activities and literature to gastronomy and geography
• Addresses almost each factor and trouble with regards to 21st-century Spain
• offers the main up to date evidence in a good, unprejudiced manner
• Connects suitable features of Spain with these of different international locations, giving readers point of view into the most obvious changes and refined nuances among unusual cultures
By Gregory Hanlon
The first bankruptcy describes the structure of Cardinal Richelieu's anti-Habsburg alliance and Odoardo's eagerness to be a part of it. A bankruptcy at the Parman expert military, according to a rare number of corporation roster-books, sheds mild at the id of over 13,000 contributors, soldier via soldier, the beginning and historical past in their officials, the stipulations in their accommodations, and the great nation in their apparatus. bankruptcy 3 follows the 1st crusade of 1635 along French
and Savoyard contingents on the failed siege of Valenza, and the logistical problems of organizing such large-scale operations. one other bankruptcy examines the monetary expedients the duchy followed to fend off incursions on all its borders in 1636, and the way armed forces contingents on each side were
drawn into the scuffling with. a last bankruptcy relates the Spanish invasion and career which compelled duke Odoardo to make a separate peace. the quantity features a unique evaluation of the effect of struggle on civilians in accordance with parish registers for urban and state. the applying of the legislation of battle used to be principally nullified by way of common hunger, ailment and regimen sex-selective infanticide. those quantitative analyses, supported by way of maps and tables, are one of the such a lot special anyplace in Europe in
the period of the Thirty Years' War.
By Aa.Vv.,Lauro Rossi
LAURO ROSSI è già autore in line with i nostri tipi del quantity Garibaldi: vita, pensiero, interpretazioni. Sempre sui temi risorgimentali ha pubblicato Fondare los angeles nazione: i repubblicani del 1849 e los angeles difesa di Roma (2001) e Mazzini e l'età rivoluzionaria e napoleonica nell'Edizione nazionale degli scritti del patriota genovese (2005).
By Brandon B. Heslop,Benjamin G. Bradak
- Full transcription and translations of the 3 texts, insights into education equipment in medieval England and an invaluable lexicon of terms
- Detailed photographic interpretations of the texts to function a visible reference within the learn and alertness of the artwork of swordsmanship
- A convincing case for a pan-European paintings of the longsword, linking the innovations and coaching of the English culture with the better-known German and Italian traditions
- Focus on vital features of medieval swordsmanship present in the English manuscripts yet hardly within the quite a few German and Italian assets: set education varieties and the dealing with of a number of opponents
By Giovanni Vecchi
Vecchi presents a nuanced account of the alterations. He emphasizes that the idea that of wellness is multidimensional and needs to contain non-monetary features of existence: meals, health and wellbeing and schooling, in addition to much less tangible components reminiscent of freedom or the prospect to workout one's political rights. The ebook bargains with this polyhedral nature of wellbeing.
Among the insights are that Italians succeeded in combining progress with fairness, yet that the distance among the North and South didn't slim; the whereas toughness has elevated, schooling has no longer better up to it may possibly have; and that for just about 3 many years, Italy's virtuous course has come to a halt: the wellness of the Italian humans is on the crossroads among development and decline. Measuring Wellbeing engagingly combines a different dataset and an leading edge statistical technique that may be tailored to different countries.
By David Ricks,Roderick Beaton
By Lawrence I. Conrad,Dominik Wujastyk