By Roger A. Bruns
This ebook bargains an illuminating tale of ways social and political swap can occasionally consequence from the imaginative and prescient, management, and dedication of some committed contributors decided to not fail.
• Interviews, speeches, congressional testimony, diary entries, and firsthand memories from the early Nineteen Sixties to the present
• Profiles of fellows and ladies who performed vital management roles within the farm staff movement
Read or Download Cesar Chavez and the United Farm Workers Movement (Landmarks of the American Mosaic) PDF
Best labour & industrial relations books
Initially released in 1988, this ebook compiles a suite of works investigating the impression of recession on women's employment. The authors argue that an important rationalization of adjustments in women's event among the international locations is the shape of labour industry legislation and corporation.
Social safeguard platforms in Latin the US built in a fragmented demeanour, supplying various entry to advantages and profit degrees to inhabitants teams. within the context of common casual and precarious paintings, social coverage associations may possibly in simple terms offer constrained insurance. during this context, development towards a Citizen's source of revenue coverage in Latin the USA will depend on the opportunity of reappraising its value for an built-in institutional process which promotes the empowerment and fiscal independence of individuals.
Operating humans in Alberta strains the historical past of labour in Alberta from the interval of First countries profession to the current. Drawing on over 200 interviews with labour leaders, activists, and usual operating humans, in addition to on archival documents, the quantity offers voice to the folk who've toiled in Alberta over the centuries.
In 1897 the Berwind-White Coal Mining corporation based Windber as a firm city for its miners within the bituminous coal state of Pennsylvania. The Miners of Windber chronicles the arriving of unionization to Windber, from the Nineties, whilst millions of latest immigrants flooded Pennsylvania looking for paintings, throughout the New Deal period of the Nineteen Thirties, while the miners' rights to prepare, subscribe to the United Mine employees of the US, and discount jointly have been well-known after years of sour fight.
- Breaking Through Grass Ceiling: Women, Power and Leadership in Agricultural Organisations (Routledge Studies in Management, Organizations and Society)
- Making Knowledge Visible: Communicating Knowledge Through Information Products (Gower Developments in Business S)
- Evaluation of Rail Technology: A Practical Human Factors Guide (Human Factors in Road and Rail Transport)
- Business-State Relations in Brazil: Challenges of the Port Reform Lobby (Routledge Studies in Latin American Politics)
- EU Cohesion Policy and European Integration: The Dynamics of EU Budget and Regional Policy Reform
- The Food Industries of Europe in the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries
Additional resources for Cesar Chavez and the United Farm Workers Movement (Landmarks of the American Mosaic)