By William Nicholls
Read or Download Christian Antisemitism: A History of Hate PDF
Similar judaism books
Contemplative country demanding situations the long-standing view that theology isn't really an essential component of the Jewish culture. For political and philosophical purposes, either students of Judaism and Jewish thinkers have sought to reduce the function of theology in Judaism. This e-book constructs a brand new version for knowing Jewish theological language that emphasizes the significant position of theological mirrored image in Judaism and the shut courting among theological mirrored image and spiritual perform within the Jewish culture.
Within the narrative of Israel and Judah present in the publication of Kings, the top of a king's rule is summed up in a sequence of inventory statements that start with the poetic idiom for loss of life: 'and [the king] lay along with his fathers. ' The precis statements all revolve round the challenge of royal loss of life and succession, encapsulated in a quick epilogue that consisted quite often of a observe of burial (in the royal tombs) and the advent of the successor.
During this examine, Aleksander Michalak focuses frequently at the organization of angelic beings with battle within the Jewish literary assets. the writer has tested many of the depictions of the warrior angels within the literature of the second one Temple interval near to the roots of such representations, their reputation, and diverse theological implications.
The Yudisher Theriak [Jewish Theriac] via Zalman Zvi of Aufhausen, first released in Hanau, in 1615, used to be a reaction to an anti-Jewish paintings titled Jüdischer abgestreiffter Schlangenbalg [Jewish Shed Snakeskin], written via a Jewish convert to Chistianity, Samuel Friedrich Brenz, and released in Nürnberg and Augsburg in 1614.
- Exodus: Rezeptionen in deuterokanonischer und frühjüdischer Literatur (Deuterocanonical and Cognate Literature Studies) (German Edition)
- The Question of the Beginning and the Ending of the So-Called History of David’s Rise: A Methodological Reflection and Its Implications (Beihefte zur Zeitschrift ... für die alttestamentliche Wissenschaft)
- Leo Strauss on Moses Mendelssohn
- Studies on Baruch: Composition, Literary Relations, and Reception (Deuterocanonical and Cognate Literature Studies)
- Diaspora als Wüstenzeit: Übersetzungswissenschaftliche und theologische Aspekte des griechischen Numeribuches (Beihefte zur Zeitschrift für die alttestamentliche Wissenschaft) (German Edition)
Extra info for Christian Antisemitism: A History of Hate