By Martin Dodge
The ebook presents an equivalent stability of influential articles from the previous and present commentaries which spotlight their effect and present context. learn together the unique ‘classic’ articles and those new reflective essays exhibit how cartography works as a strong representational shape and explores how a variety of assorted features of mapping perform were conceptualized by means of an influential set of educational researchers.
- Collates ‘classic’ articles from 4 many years of the magazine Cartographica
- Brings key articles up to date with modern interpretative essays by means of the major students in mapping research
- Themes coated are the epistemological of mapping perform, the ontological underpinnings of cartographic illustration, and the contested societal implications of maps
- Evaluates the development of the sector of cartographic learn and demonstrates how new theoretical principles originate, strengthen and circulate
- Provides a signpost for college students and new researchers at the key articles in cartography to learn and replicate upon
Read or Download Classics in Cartography: Reflections on influential articles from Cartographica PDF
Similar earth sciences books
The Grand Staircase-Escalante nationwide Monument in Utah is the site of 1 of the best-known terrestrial documents for the overdue Cretaceous. an important attempt within the new century has documented over 2,000 new vertebrate fossil websites, supplied new radiometric dates, and pointed out 5 new genera of ceratopsids, new species of hadrosaur, a possible new genus of hypsilophodontid, new pachycephalosaurs and ankylosaurs, numerous varieties of theropods (including a brand new genus of oviraptor and a brand new tyrannosaur), plus the main whole specimen of a overdue Cretaceous therizinosaur ever gathered from North the US, and masses extra.
Fifteen years have handed seeing that i used to be operating at a dam website great vising grouting paintings. That was once no longer the 1st time that I needed to vehicle ry out engineering geological investigations for a number of related tasks, which regularly incorporated trying out programmes to determine the permeability of the rock, and infrequently i used to be answerable for grouting paintings.
Geomorphology of significant the US is authored via a scientist with greater than 30 years of neighborhood overview learn adventure in important American international locations, arming scientists with a vintage study method—a process greatest whilst utilized to express geographic areas globally. The clinical thoughts used for assessing local stories of a space replicate a degree of workmanship that has turn into more challenging to return via over the last 3 many years and underscores the significance of local exams of geomorphological gains.
This paintings reports the mechanism of rifting with a spotlight on pre-existing tectonic weaknesses in pre-rift and/or basement rocks, i. e. , on tectonic inheritance. The passive margins which are studied during this ebook are the Norwegian Continental Shelf, the jap North the US and the East and West Indian Continental Margins.
- California's Amazing Geology
- Dynamics of Snow and Ice Masses
- Glossary of Geology, Fifth Edition, Revised
- 22nd Annual Conference of the German Crystallographic Society. March 2014, Berlin, Germany (Zeitschrift für Kristallographie / Supplemente)
Additional resources for Classics in Cartography: Reflections on influential articles from Cartographica