By Colin A. Whiteman
- Wide ranging geographical insurance (the Americas, Asia, Australasia, Antarctic & Europe)
- Localised risks (avalanches, existence storms, landslides) contrasted to these with wider attaining results (arctic ice loss, ice sheet retreat and vast unfold permafrost decay)
- Includes the newest advancements within the box
- Each bankruptcy comprises dangers evaluate, summery, conclusions, strength tasks workout and key references
- Includes a supplementary web site with figures from the textual content and additional references
- Each bankruptcy incorporates a risks evaluation, precis, conclusions, strength initiatives workout and key references
Read Online or Download Cold Region Hazards and Risks PDF
Similar earth sciences books
The Grand Staircase-Escalante nationwide Monument in Utah is the positioning of 1 of the best-known terrestrial files for the past due Cretaceous. a huge attempt within the new century has documented over 2,000 new vertebrate fossil websites, supplied new radiometric dates, and pointed out 5 new genera of ceratopsids, new species of hadrosaur, a likely new genus of hypsilophodontid, new pachycephalosaurs and ankylosaurs, numerous types of theropods (including a brand new genus of oviraptor and a brand new tyrannosaur), plus the main entire specimen of a overdue Cretaceous therizinosaur ever accumulated from North the USA, and masses extra.
Fifteen years have handed in view that i used to be operating at a dam web site large vising grouting paintings. That used to be now not the 1st time that I needed to vehicle ry out engineering geological investigations for a number of comparable initiatives, which continuously integrated checking out programmes to determine the permeability of the rock, and sometimes i used to be in command of grouting paintings.
Geomorphology of principal the United States is authored by way of a scientist with greater than 30 years of local evaluate learn adventure in primary American international locations, arming scientists with a vintage study method—a technique premiere while utilized to express geographic areas globally. The clinical options used for assessing nearby reports of a space replicate a degree of craftsmanship that has turn into more challenging to come back by way of during the last 3 many years and underscores the significance of local exams of geomorphological positive aspects.
This paintings studies the mechanism of rifting with a spotlight on pre-existing tectonic weaknesses in pre-rift and/or basement rocks, i. e. , on tectonic inheritance. The passive margins which are studied during this publication are the Norwegian Continental Shelf, the jap North the United States and the East and West Indian Continental Margins.
- Speleological and Speleogenetic Aspects of the Monti di Capo San Vito (Sicily): Influence of Morphotectonic Evolution (Springer Theses)
- Sea-Level Science: Understanding Tides, Surges, Tsunamis and Mean Sea-Level Changes
- Himalaya (Geological Aspects) Vol 5
- Origin and Formation of Coastal Boulder Deposits at Galway Bay and the Aran Islands, Western Ireland (SpringerBriefs in Geography)
Extra info for Cold Region Hazards and Risks