By Maria Craciun,Elaine Fulton
Read or Download Communities of Devotion: Religious Orders and Society in East Central Europe, 1450–1800 (Catholic Christendom, 1300-1700) PDF
Similar religious studies books
In the previous 20 years, modern Pagan leaders, innovative Christian and Goddess theologians, advocates for queer and BDSM groups, and healing bodyworkers have all started to talk forcefully in regards to the sacredness of the physique and of contact. Many assert that the erotic is a divinely transformative strength, either for private improvement and for social switch.
The time period ’progress’ is a contemporary Western suggestion that existence is often bettering and advancing towards an incredible nation. it's a very important glossy notion which underlies geographic explorations and clinical and technological innovations in addition to the need to harness nature for you to raise people’ ease and luxury.
This booklet examines the evangelical Christian worship focusing essentially within the island-state of Grenada. The research is predicated upon the author’s specified learn of Pentecostal groups in that island-state in addition to her personal historical past in Barbados. The examine lines the improvement of Pentecostal non secular groups from Eighteenth- and Nineteenth-Century Wesleyan Methodist move.
This booklet highlights examine on and examples of redemptive managerial behaviors utilized in the profitable reinstatement and better functionality of staff formerly terminated for reason. Organizational strain to rent and preserve near-perfect staff is better than ever, yet by way of delivering moment probability possibilities and using the assets defined during this publication managers can reclaim, repair, and redirect present staff with nice strength.
- Newman and the Alexandrian Fathers: Shaping Doctrine in Nineteenth-Century England (Changing Paradigms in Historical and Systematic Theology)
- A Companion to the Anthropology of Religion (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology)
- House Church Christianity in China: From Rural Preachers to City Pastors (Global Diversities)
- Cosmopolitan Lives on the Cusp of Empire: Interfaith, Cross-Cultural and Transnational Networks, 1860-1950
- Religious Diversity and Children's Literature (International Social Studies Forum: The Series)
Additional resources for Communities of Devotion: Religious Orders and Society in East Central Europe, 1450–1800 (Catholic Christendom, 1300-1700)