By S. Vannatta
Read or Download Conservatism and Pragmatism: In Law, Politics, and Ethics PDF
Best philosophical movements books
Derrida and Phenomenology is a suite of essays by means of a variety of authors, completely dedicated to Jacques Derrida's writing on Edmund Husserl's phenomenology. It offers a variety of reactions to these writings, either severe and supportive, and includes many in-depth reports. viewers: Communicates new reviews of Derrida's critique of Husserl to these acquainted with the problems: experts in phenomenology, deconstruction, the philosophies of Derrida and Husserl.
During this quantity, Maher contextualizes the paintings of a gaggle of latest analytic philosophers—The Pittsburgh School—whose paintings is characterised via an curiosity within the background of philosophy and a dedication to normative functionalism, or the perception that to spot whatever as a manifestation of conceptual capacities is to put it in an area of norms.
This ebook recognizes and highlights the ethical excellence embedded in black queer practices of relatives. Taking the lives, narratives, and artistic explorations of black queer humans heavily, Thelathia Nikki younger brings readers on a trip of recent, queer moral equipment that come with disagreement, resistance, and mind's eye.
This e-book explores the relation among Heidegger, Levinas and Derrida through a discussion with specialists at the paintings of those collectively influential thinkers. each one essay during this assortment makes a speciality of the relation among not less than of those 3 philosophers targeting numerous subject matters, resembling Alterity, Justice, fact and Language.
- Force of God: Political Theology and the Crisis of Liberal Democracy (Insurrections: Critical Studies in Religion, Politics, and Culture)
- Translating the Perception of Text: Literary Translation and Phenomenology (Legenda Main)
- Buddhism, International Relief Work, and Civil Society (Contemporary Anthropology of Religion)
- Heidegger on Language and Death: The Intrinsic Connection in Human Existence (Continuum Studies in Continental Philosophy)
- The Aesthetics and Ethics of Faith: A Dialogue Between Liberationist and Pragmatic Thought (AAR Reflection and Theory in the Study of Religion)
- An Anthropological Study of Hospitality: The Innkeeper and the Guest
Extra info for Conservatism and Pragmatism: In Law, Politics, and Ethics