By Frank Shanty
This two-volume set examines sleek countryside legislative, diplomatic, army, and non-military makes an attempt to strive against terrorism inside of and out of doors nation borders. The articles which include this complete reference paintings tackle counterterrorism efforts hired by means of the overseas group ahead of and following the occasions of September eleven, 2001.
• An review of the evolution and effectiveness of decide upon geographical region counterterrorism guidelines post-1945
• An exam of significant matters and lessons-learned relative to the "Global struggle on Terrorism"
• dialogue of ancient and modern international counterterrorism innovations and strength destiny counterterrorism challenges
Read or Download Counterterrorism: From the Cold War to the War on Terror [2 volumes]: From the Cold War to the War on Terror (Praeger Security International) PDF
Best terrorism books
Overseas coverage analysts scrutinize the more and more very important operative and help roles ladies play in a variety of terrorist firms round the world.
Simply because terrorists are made, now not born, it really is significantly vital to global peace that detainees and inmates motivated via violent ideology are deradicalized and rehabilitated again into society. Exploring the demanding situations during this bold exercise, Terrorist Rehabilitation: The U. S. event in Iraq demonstrates throughout the real stories of army body of workers, safety contractors, and Iraqi nationals that deradicalization and rehabilitation courses can prevail and feature the potential to certainly impression millions of would-be terrorists globally if applied to their complete capability.
Globalization and the simple move of individuals, guns, and pollution throughout borders has remodeled safety right into a transnational phenomenon. combating transnational protection threats has confirmed to be a truly tricky problem for governments and associations all over the world. Transnational protection addresses those concerns, that are on the leading edge of each international safety professional’s schedule.
To be had for the 1st time in English, this publication examines and reinterprets type fight inside of Marx and Engels’ suggestion. As Losurdo argues, category fight is frequently misunderstood as completely the fight of the terrible opposed to the wealthy, of the standard opposed to the strong. it's an interpretation that's expensive to populism, person who supposes a binary good judgment that closes its eyes to complexity and inclines in the direction of the get together of poverty as a spot of ethical excellence.
- Introduction to Homeland Security: Principles of All-Hazards Risk Management
- The Contested Identities of Ulster Protestants
- Civil Wars and Third-Party Interventions in Africa
- The Global Society and Its Enemies: Liberal Order Beyond the Third World War (Global Power Shift)
Additional resources for Counterterrorism: From the Cold War to the War on Terror [2 volumes]: From the Cold War to the War on Terror (Praeger Security International)