By Seema Shekhawat
Read Online or Download Female Combatants in Conflict and Peace: Challenging Gender in Violence and Post-Conflict Reintegration PDF
Best war & peace books
Written among the 2 international Wars this quantity examines schooling from the yankee, British, French & German views and the measure to which the portrayal of these nations in class textbooks contributes to nationalism or international peace.
Democracies are tremendous not going to salary battle opposed to different democracies – this major proposition of the Democratic Peace thought constitutes the place to begin for this quantity. Chapters authored by means of specialists from diverse components of the area discover the idea that of Democratic Peace in higher intensity with regards to chosen factor parts and compared to different strategies corresponding to protection groups or live shows of powers.
This quantity examines mechanisms for neighborhood peacemaking and clash administration in Europe and the center East. to this point little study has been dedicated to uncovering the stipulations for peace, and the standards that give a contribution to stabilizing the nation of peace. This quantity assesses the criteria that give a contribution to nearby pacification, the incentives that inspire states in developing peaceable kinfolk, and most significantly, how areas develop into peaceable.
Nations hardly ever disappear off the map. within the twentieth century, just a couple of international locations shared this destiny with Yugoslavia. The dissolution of Yugoslavia ended in the most important battle in Europe when you consider that 1945, monstrous human rights violations and over 100,000 sufferers. Debating the top of Yugoslavia is much less an try and re-write the dissolution of Yugoslavia, or to supply a distinct narrative, than to take inventory and think of the scholarship to this point.
- Israeli Identity, Thick Recognition and Conflict Transformation (Palgrave Studies in Political Psychology)
- A Fearsome Heritage: Diverse Legacies of the Cold War (One World Archaeology)
- UN Peace Operations and International Policing: Negotiating Complexity, Assessing Impact and Learning to Learn (Routledge Studies in Peace and Conflict Resolution)
- Lebanon Facing The Arab Uprisings: Constraints and Adaptation
- European Peace and Security Policy: Transnational Risks of Violence (Democracy, Security, Peace)
- Disaster Communications in a Changing Media World
Extra resources for Female Combatants in Conflict and Peace: Challenging Gender in Violence and Post-Conflict Reintegration