By Jean Pierre Bergoeing
Geomorphology of important America is authored through a scientist with greater than 30 years of nearby evaluation learn event in vital American nations, arming scientists with a vintage learn method—a technique most advantageous whilst utilized to express geographic areas globally. The clinical concepts used for assessing neighborhood reports of a space replicate a degree of workmanship that has develop into tougher to come back through over the last 3 a long time and underscores the significance of neighborhood exams of geomorphological positive aspects.
Complemented with superbly crafted and exacting maps that catch the region’s distinctive landscapes, Geomorphology of important America introduces an international imaginative and prescient of the geomorphology and volcanic box of valuable the United States from Guatemala to Panama, making it the 1st unmarried resource of geomorphological content material for the region.
- Features the newest examine at the seismic habit of the critical the United States zone, together with volcanic task, landslides, rivers, woodland parts, and topographic environments.
- More than a hundred figures, illustrations, and pictures underscore key techniques and relief in retention.
- Authored by means of a geomorphologist with greater than 30 years of study adventure within the box with a spotlight on primary America.
Read Online or Download Geomorphology of Central America: A Syngenetic Perspective PDF
Similar earth sciences books
The Grand Staircase-Escalante nationwide Monument in Utah is the positioning of 1 of the best-known terrestrial files for the past due Cretaceous. a huge attempt within the new century has documented over 2,000 new vertebrate fossil websites, supplied new radiometric dates, and pointed out 5 new genera of ceratopsids, new species of hadrosaur, a likely new genus of hypsilophodontid, new pachycephalosaurs and ankylosaurs, a number of forms of theropods (including a brand new genus of oviraptor and a brand new tyrannosaur), plus the main entire specimen of a overdue Cretaceous therizinosaur ever accrued from North the USA, and masses extra.
Fifteen years have handed in view that i used to be operating at a dam website great vising grouting paintings. That was once now not the 1st time that I needed to motor vehicle ry out engineering geological investigations for numerous comparable initiatives, which continuously integrated trying out programmes to determine the permeability of the rock, and sometimes i used to be answerable for grouting paintings.
Geomorphology of critical the United States is authored through a scientist with greater than 30 years of local evaluation examine event in principal American nations, arming scientists with a vintage examine method—a process best whilst utilized to express geographic areas globally. The clinical suggestions used for assessing neighborhood stories of a space replicate a degree of workmanship that has turn into tougher to return by way of during the last 3 a long time and underscores the significance of neighborhood checks of geomorphological good points.
This paintings stories the mechanism of rifting with a spotlight on pre-existing tectonic weaknesses in pre-rift and/or basement rocks, i. e. , on tectonic inheritance. The passive margins which are studied during this publication are the Norwegian Continental Shelf, the japanese North the US and the East and West Indian Continental Margins.
- Territorial Heritage and Development
- Potential Theory in Gravity and Magnetic Applications (Stanford-Cambridge Program)
- Introduction to Environmental Modeling
- Introduction to Geochemistry: Principles and Applications
- Monitoring and Modeling of Global Changes: A Geomatics Perspective (Springer Remote Sensing/Photogrammetry)
- Ocean Modeling in an Eddying Regime (Geophysical Monograph Series)
Extra info for Geomorphology of Central America: A Syngenetic Perspective