By Friedrich V. / Egger-Wenzel, Renate / Elßner, Thomas R. Reiterer
Read or Download Gesellschaft und Religion in der spätbiblischen und deuterokanonischen Literatur (Deuterocanonical and Cognate Literature Studies) (German Edition) PDF
Similar judaism books
Contemplative kingdom demanding situations the long-standing view that theology isn't really an essential component of the Jewish culture. For political and philosophical purposes, either students of Judaism and Jewish thinkers have sought to reduce the function of theology in Judaism. This booklet constructs a brand new version for realizing Jewish theological language that emphasizes the principal position of theological mirrored image in Judaism and the shut courting among theological mirrored image and non secular perform within the Jewish culture.
Within the narrative of Israel and Judah present in the ebook of Kings, the top of a king's rule is summed up in a sequence of inventory statements that start with the poetic idiom for loss of life: 'and [the king] lay along with his fathers. ' The precis statements all revolve round the challenge of royal demise and succession, encapsulated in a short epilogue that consisted ordinarily of a observe of burial (in the royal tombs) and the creation of the successor.
During this research, Aleksander Michalak focuses usually at the organization of angelic beings with struggle within the Jewish literary resources. the writer has tested a number of the depictions of the warrior angels within the literature of the second one Temple interval just about the roots of such representations, their reputation, and diverse theological implications.
The Yudisher Theriak [Jewish Theriac] by means of Zalman Zvi of Aufhausen, first released in Hanau, in 1615, was once a reaction to an anti-Jewish paintings titled Jüdischer abgestreiffter Schlangenbalg [Jewish Shed Snakeskin], written by way of a Jewish convert to Chistianity, Samuel Friedrich Brenz, and released in Nürnberg and Augsburg in 1614.
- Preaching in Judaism and Christianity: Encounters and Developments from Biblical Times to Modernity (Studia Judaica)
- Das Priesterverständnis des Flavius Josephus (Texts and Studies in Ancient Judaism) (German Edition)
- Matthew and the Mishnah: Redefining Identity and Ethos in the Shadow of the Second Temple's Destruction (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament)
- Circumcision as a Malleable Symbol (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament / 2. Reihe)
- How Repentance Became Biblical: Judaism, Christianity, and the Interpretation of Scripture
Extra info for Gesellschaft und Religion in der spätbiblischen und deuterokanonischen Literatur (Deuterocanonical and Cognate Literature Studies) (German Edition)