By Patrick W. Quirk
Read or Download Great Powers, Weak States, and Insurgency: Explaining Internal Threat Alliances (Governance, Security and Development) PDF
Similar war & peace books
Written among the 2 international Wars this quantity examines schooling from the yankee, British, French & German views and the measure to which the portrayal of these nations in class textbooks contributes to nationalism or global peace.
Democracies are super not likely to salary struggle opposed to different democracies – this major proposition of the Democratic Peace conception constitutes the start line for this quantity. Chapters authored via specialists from diversified elements of the area discover the idea that of Democratic Peace in larger intensity in terms of chosen factor components and compared to different techniques similar to defense groups or concert events of powers.
This quantity examines mechanisms for local peacemaking and clash administration in Europe and the center East. up to now little learn has been dedicated to uncovering the stipulations for peace, and the criteria that give a contribution to stabilizing the country of peace. This quantity assesses the standards that give a contribution to local pacification, the incentives that inspire states in developing peaceable family members, and most significantly, how areas develop into peaceable.
Nations not often disappear off the map. within the twentieth century, just a couple of nations shared this destiny with Yugoslavia. The dissolution of Yugoslavia ended in the most important warfare in Europe given that 1945, significant human rights violations and over 100,000 sufferers. Debating the top of Yugoslavia is much less an try to re-write the dissolution of Yugoslavia, or to supply a distinct narrative, than to take inventory and think of the scholarship to this point.
- The Politics of Dialogue: Living Under the Geopolitical Histories of War and Peace (Border Regions Series)
- Living on the Edge: Iran and the Practice of Nuclear Hedging
- Women, Reconciliation and the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict: The Road Not Yet Taken (Routledge Studies on the Arab-Israeli Conflict)
- India-Pakistan: Coming to Terms (Palgrave Series in Asian Governance)
- Translating Evidence and Interpreting Testimony at a War Crimes Tribunal: Working in a Tug-of-War (Palgrave Studies in Languages at War)
- Islam and Peacebuilding in the Asia-Pacific
Additional resources for Great Powers, Weak States, and Insurgency: Explaining Internal Threat Alliances (Governance, Security and Development)