By Kambiz Vafai
Handbook of Porous Media, 3rd Edition deals a complete evaluate of the newest theories on move, delivery, and heat-exchange strategies in porous media. It additionally info refined porous media types that are used to enhance the accuracy of modeling in a number of sensible functions.
Featuring contributions from top specialists of their respective fields, this book:
- Presents the overall features and modeling of porous media, corresponding to multiscale modeling of porous media, two-phase circulation, compressible porous media, and dispersion in porous media
- Addresses the elemental subject matters of shipping in porous media, together with theoretical types of delivery, membrane shipping phenomena, modeling shipping homes, and delivery in biomedical applications
- Describes a number of very important facets of turbulence in porous media, together with advances in modeling turbulence phenomena in heterogeneous porous media
- Explores warmth move of nanofluids in addition to thermal delivery in porous media, together with compelled convection, double diffusive convection, high-heat flux functions, and thermal habit of poroelastic media
- Covers geological functions in porous media, together with modeling and experimental demanding situations relating to oil fields, CO2 migration, groundwater flows, and speed measurements
- Discusses appropriate attributes of experimental paintings or numerical recommendations at any time when applicable
Paving the way in which for the institution of multidisciplinary parts of research, instruction manual of Porous Media, 3rd version further complements cooperation among engineers and scientists by means of offering a priceless reference for addressing the most tough matters in engineering and the hydrogeological, organic, and biomedical sciences.
Read Online or Download Handbook of Porous Media, Third Edition PDF
Best dynamics books
From the studies: "Researchers in fluid dynamics and utilized arithmetic will take pleasure in this publication for its breadth of assurance, hands-on remedy of significant principles, many references, and old and philosophical comments. " Mathematical experiences
Discussing tools for maximizing to be had strength, strength Conversion surveys the most recent advances in strength conversion from a wide selection of at the moment to be had power assets. The publication describes power assets equivalent to fossil fuels, biomass together with refuse-derived biomass fuels, nuclear, sun radiation, wind, geothermal, and ocean, then offers the terminology and devices used for every power source and their equivalence.
This re-creation of the near-legendary textbook via Schlichting and revised by means of Gersten offers a complete evaluate of boundary-layer idea and its program to all components of fluid mechanics, with specific emphasis at the movement prior our bodies (e. g. plane aerodynamics). the hot variation gains an up-to-date reference checklist and over a hundred extra adjustments through the booklet, reflecting the most recent advances at the topic.
This e-book describes the derivation of the equations of movement of fluids in addition to the dynamics of ocean and atmospheric currents on either huge and small scales by utilizing variational tools. during this means the equations of Fluid and Geophysical Fluid Dynamics are re-derived using a unifying precept, that's Hamilton’s precept of Least motion.
- Alternative Fuels for Transportation (Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Series)
- Entropies of Condensed Phases and Complex Systems: A First Principles Approach (Springer Theses)
- Thermodynamics, Diffusion and the Kirkendall Effect in Solids
- Handbook of Petroleum Processing
Additional info for Handbook of Porous Media, Third Edition