By Sadik Kakaç,Hongtan Liu,Anchasa Pramuanjaroenkij
Heat exchangers are crucial in a variety of engineering functions, together with strength vegetation, autos, airplanes, strategy and chemical industries, and heating, air con and refrigeration platforms. Revised and up-to-date with new challenge units and examples, Heat Exchangers: choice, score, and Thermal layout, 3rd Edition offers a scientific therapy of some of the different types of warmth exchangers, targeting choice, thermal-hydraulic layout, and rating.
Topics mentioned include:
- Classification of warmth exchangers in line with varied criteria
- Basic layout equipment for sizing and ranking of warmth exchangers
- Single-phase pressured convection correlations in channels
- Pressure drop and pumping strength for warmth exchangers and their piping circuit
- Design recommendations for warmth exchangers topic to fouling
- Double-pipe warmth exchanger layout methods
- Correlations for the layout of two-phase move warmth exchangers
- Thermal layout equipment and tactics for shell-and-tube, compact, and gasketed-plate warmth exchangers
- Thermal layout of condensers and evaporators
This 3rd variation includes new chapters. Micro/Nano warmth Transfer explores the thermal layout basics for microscale warmth exchangers and the enhancement warmth move for purposes to warmth exchanger layout with nanofluids. It additionally examines single-phase pressured convection correlations in addition to stream friction elements for microchannel flows for warmth move and pumping energy calculations. Polymer Heat Exchangers introduces another layout alternative for functions hindered through the working boundaries of metal warmth exchangers. The appendices give you the thermophysical homes of assorted fluids.
Each bankruptcy comprises examples illustrating thermal layout equipment and tactics and proper nomenclature. End-of-chapter difficulties permit scholars to check their assimilation of the material.
Read or Download Heat Exchangers: Selection, Rating, and Thermal Design, Third Edition PDF
Similar dynamics books
From the reports: "Researchers in fluid dynamics and utilized arithmetic will get pleasure from this ebook for its breadth of assurance, hands-on remedy of significant rules, many references, and ancient and philosophical feedback. " Mathematical experiences
Discussing tools for maximizing to be had strength, strength Conversion surveys the newest advances in strength conversion from a wide selection of at present to be had power resources. The booklet describes power resources reminiscent of fossil fuels, biomass together with refuse-derived biomass fuels, nuclear, sunlight radiation, wind, geothermal, and ocean, then offers the terminology and devices used for every power source and their equivalence.
This new version of the near-legendary textbook by way of Schlichting and revised by way of Gersten provides a accomplished assessment of boundary-layer conception and its program to all parts of fluid mechanics, with specific emphasis at the move previous our bodies (e. g. airplane aerodynamics). the hot version positive factors an up to date reference record and over a hundred extra adjustments during the e-book, reflecting the newest advances at the topic.
This ebook describes the derivation of the equations of movement of fluids in addition to the dynamics of ocean and atmospheric currents on either huge and small scales by using variational equipment. during this manner the equations of Fluid and Geophysical Fluid Dynamics are re-derived employing a unifying precept, that's Hamilton’s precept of Least motion.
- The Yaws Handbook of Vapor Pressure: Antoine Coefficients
- Modeling Thermodynamic Distance, Curvature and Fluctuations: A Geometric Approach (Understanding Complex Systems)
- Introduction to Physics and Chemistry of Combustion: Explosion, Flame, Detonation
- Spacecraft Thermal Control (Woodhead Publishing in Mechanical Engineering)
- Transport and Fluctuations in Granular Fluids: From Boltzmann Equation to Hydrodynamics, Diffusion and Motor Effects (SpringerBriefs in Physics)
- The John Zink Combustion Handbook (Industrial Combustion)
Additional resources for Heat Exchangers: Selection, Rating, and Thermal Design, Third Edition