By Benoit Cushman-Roisin,Jean-Marie Beckers
- Combines either actual and numerical facets of geophysical fluid dynamics right into a unmarried cheap volume
- Explores modern themes similar to the Greenhouse influence, international warming and the El Nino Southern Oscillation
- Biographical and historic notes on the ends of chapters hint the highbrow improvement of the field
- Recipient of the 2010 Wernaers Prize, presented every year via the nationwide Fund for clinical examine of Belgium (FNR-FNRS).
Read or Download Introduction to Geophysical Fluid Dynamics: Physical and Numerical Aspects (International Geophysics) PDF
Similar dynamics books
From the reports: "Researchers in fluid dynamics and utilized arithmetic will take pleasure in this ebook for its breadth of insurance, hands-on remedy of vital principles, many references, and historic and philosophical feedback. " Mathematical reports
Discussing equipment for maximizing on hand power, strength Conversion surveys the newest advances in power conversion from a wide selection of at present on hand strength assets. The e-book describes strength assets resembling fossil fuels, biomass together with refuse-derived biomass fuels, nuclear, sunlight radiation, wind, geothermal, and ocean, then presents the terminology and devices used for every power source and their equivalence.
This re-creation of the near-legendary textbook through Schlichting and revised by means of Gersten provides a accomplished review of boundary-layer idea and its program to all parts of fluid mechanics, with specific emphasis at the circulation earlier our bodies (e. g. plane aerodynamics). the hot variation positive aspects an up-to-date reference record and over a hundred extra adjustments through the e-book, reflecting the most recent advances at the topic.
This publication describes the derivation of the equations of movement of fluids in addition to the dynamics of ocean and atmospheric currents on either huge and small scales by utilizing variational tools. during this method the equations of Fluid and Geophysical Fluid Dynamics are re-derived utilising a unifying precept, that's Hamilton’s precept of Least motion.
- Impactful Times: Memories of 60 Years of Shock Wave Research at Sandia National Laboratories (Shock Wave and High Pressure Phenomena)
- Strömungslehre: Grundlagen (Springer-Lehrbuch) (German Edition)
- Heat Transfer in Multi-Phase Materials: 2 (Advanced Structured Materials)
- Fluvial Hydrodynamics: Hydrodynamic and Sediment Transport Phenomena (GeoPlanet: Earth and Planetary Sciences)
- Hybrid Electric Vehicles: Energy Management Strategies (SpringerBriefs in Electrical and Computer Engineering)
Additional info for Introduction to Geophysical Fluid Dynamics: Physical and Numerical Aspects (International Geophysics)