By David B. Capes,April D. Deconick,Helen K. Bond,Troy A. Miller
Read Online or Download Israel's God and Rebecca's Children: Christology and Community in Early Judaism and Christianity PDF
Best judaism books
Contemplative state demanding situations the long-standing view that theology isn't an essential component of the Jewish culture. For political and philosophical purposes, either students of Judaism and Jewish thinkers have sought to lessen the position of theology in Judaism. This publication constructs a brand new version for realizing Jewish theological language that emphasizes the vital position of theological mirrored image in Judaism and the shut dating among theological mirrored image and non secular perform within the Jewish culture.
Within the narrative of Israel and Judah present in the booklet of Kings, the tip of a king's rule is summed up in a sequence of inventory statements that start with the poetic idiom for demise: 'and [the king] lay together with his fathers. ' The precis statements all revolve round the challenge of royal demise and succession, encapsulated in a short epilogue that consisted regularly of a observe of burial (in the royal tombs) and the creation of the successor.
During this examine, Aleksander Michalak focuses mostly at the organization of angelic beings with struggle within the Jewish literary resources. the writer has tested some of the depictions of the warrior angels within the literature of the second one Temple interval on the subject of the roots of such representations, their acceptance, and diverse theological implications.
The Yudisher Theriak [Jewish Theriac] via Zalman Zvi of Aufhausen, first released in Hanau, in 1615, used to be a reaction to an anti-Jewish paintings titled Jüdischer abgestreiffter Schlangenbalg [Jewish Shed Snakeskin], written by means of a Jewish convert to Chistianity, Samuel Friedrich Brenz, and released in Nürnberg and Augsburg in 1614.
- Wellhausen and Kaufmann: Ancient Israel and Its Religious History in the Works of Julius Wellhausen and Yehezkel Kaufmann (Beihefte zur Zeitschrift für die alttestamentliche Wissenschaft)
- Franz Rosenzweig and the Systematic Task of Philosophy
- Why Is America Different?: American Jewry on its 350th Anniversary
- Rabbinic Judaism: Space and Place (Routledge Jewish Studies Series)
- Canonicity, Setting, Wisdom in the Deuterocanonicals: Papers of the Jubilee Meeting of the International Conference on the Deuterocanonical Books (Deuterocanonical and Cognate Literature Studies)
Additional resources for Israel's God and Rebecca's Children: Christology and Community in Early Judaism and Christianity