By N. McLoughlin
Read or Download Jean Gerson and Gender: Rhetoric and Politics in Fifteenth-Century France (Genders and Sexualities in History) PDF
Similar gender studies books
How does one reconcile the strain among the group of one’s personal Catholic upbringing and a sexuality and gender identity that could be in clash with a number of the tenets of the religion – particularly whilst one is a member of the homosexual, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Intersex group? Queer and Catholic bargains a resource of convenience to individuals of those groups, concentrating on not just working towards Catholics, but additionally the full event of starting to be up Catholic.
During this very important new paintings, revered criminologists problem the characterization of the hot 'bad woman' arguing that it is just a brand new try to punish ladies who're now not the stereotypical depiction of excellent. via interviews with younger women, educators and other people within the felony justice approach, past undesirable women exposes the formal and casual structures of socio-cultural keep watch over imposed on women.
Heroines of the Qing introduces an array of chinese language ladies from the eighteenth and 19th centuries who have been strong, energetic matters in their personal lives and who wrote themselves because the heroines in their exemplary tales. ordinarily, �exemplary ladies� (lienu)�heroic martyrs, chaste widows, and devoted maidens, for example�were written into authentic dynastic histories for his or her unrelenting adherence to lady advantage via Confucian relatives criteria.
Gender, Media, and association: difficult Mis(s)Representations of ladies Leaders and executives is the fourth quantity within the girls and management: learn, conception, and perform sequence. This pass? disciplinary sequence from the overseas management organization attracts from present examine findings, improvement practices, pedagogy, and lived event to convey provocative pondering that reinforces management wisdom and improves management improvement of girls world wide.
- Gender, Health and Healthcare: Women’s and Men’s Experience of Health and Working in Healthcare Roles
- Mythological Constructs of Mexican Femininity (Literatures of the Americas)
- Passing Illusions: Jewish Visibility in Weimar Germany (Social History, Popular Culture, And Politics In Germany)
- Passing into the Present: Contemporary American Fiction of Racial and Gender Passing (Contemporary American and Canadian Writers MUP)
- Women in Sustainable Agriculture and Food Biotechnology: Key Advances and Perspectives on Emerging Topics (Women in Engineering and Science)
Extra info for Jean Gerson and Gender: Rhetoric and Politics in Fifteenth-Century France (Genders and Sexualities in History)