By Catherine Hezser
Read or Download Jewish Travel in Antiquity (Texts and Studies in Ancient Judaism) PDF
Best judaism books
Contemplative kingdom demanding situations the long-standing view that theology isn't really an integral part of the Jewish culture. For political and philosophical purposes, either students of Judaism and Jewish thinkers have sought to lessen the function of theology in Judaism. This e-book constructs a brand new version for realizing Jewish theological language that emphasizes the critical function of theological mirrored image in Judaism and the shut dating among theological mirrored image and spiritual perform within the Jewish culture.
Within the narrative of Israel and Judah present in the e-book of Kings, the top of a king's rule is summed up in a chain of inventory statements that commence with the poetic idiom for dying: 'and [the king] lay along with his fathers. ' The precis statements all revolve round the challenge of royal demise and succession, encapsulated in a quick epilogue that consisted regularly of a realize of burial (in the royal tombs) and the advent of the successor.
During this examine, Aleksander Michalak focuses usually at the organization of angelic beings with battle within the Jewish literary assets. the writer has tested many of the depictions of the warrior angels within the literature of the second one Temple interval just about the roots of such representations, their acceptance, and diverse theological implications.
The Yudisher Theriak [Jewish Theriac] through Zalman Zvi of Aufhausen, first released in Hanau, in 1615, used to be a reaction to an anti-Jewish paintings titled Jüdischer abgestreiffter Schlangenbalg [Jewish Shed Snakeskin], written through a Jewish convert to Chistianity, Samuel Friedrich Brenz, and released in Nürnberg and Augsburg in 1614.
- The Dynamics of Language and Exegesis at Qumran (Forschungen zum Alten Testament. 2. Reihe)
- The New Reform Judaism: Challenges and Reflections
- Allgemeines Priestertum: Zur Metaphorisierung des Priestertitels im Frühjudentum und Neuen Testament (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament) (German Edition)
- "Let the Wise Listen and add to Their Learning" (Prov 1:5): Festschrift for Günter Stemberger on the Occasion of his 75th Birthday (Studia Judaica)
- The Sabbath and the Sanctuary: Access to God in the Letter to the Hebrews and its Priestly Context (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament / 2. Reihe)
- A Social History of Hebrew: Its Origins Through the Rabbinic Period (The Anchor Yale Bible Reference Library)
Extra info for Jewish Travel in Antiquity (Texts and Studies in Ancient Judaism)