By Barry Collett
Read or Download Late Medieval Englishwomen: Julian of Norwich; Marjorie Kempe and Juliana Berners: Printed Writings, 1500–1640: Series I, Part Four, Volume 3 (The Early ... Writings, 1500â€“1640: Series I, Part Four) PDF
Best literary medieval criticism books
Via a sequence of cutting edge serious readings Richard Hunter builds an image of ways the ancients mentioned the which means of literary works and their significance in society. He will pay specific recognition to the interaction of feedback and creativity by means of no longer treating feedback in isolation from the works which the critics mentioned.
"Legendary Rome" is the 1st e-book to provide a comparative remedy of the reinvention of Rome's origins within the poetry of Vergil, Tibullus and Propertius. It additionally examines the influence that the altering topography of Rome, as orchestrated via the emperor Augustus, had on these poets' renditions of Rome's mythical earlier.
This crucial severe anthology explores the lifetime of Anna Komnene, the Byzantine context within which she wrote, and the effect of the Alexiad on her instances and on next historic works of literature.
An interdisciplinary strategy, the most important because it is in so much fields of analysis, proves itself to be unescapable within the learn of interactions among the traditional Armenian and Greek worlds and literatures. the amount arises from such an expertise and collects papers awarded in a convention which has been geared up in 2013 on the collage of Genova, due to a cooperation with the Université Paris-Sorbonne, following within the footsteps of a convention inaugurated by way of Giancarlo Bolognesi within the years '80 and '90.
- Mischungsverhältnisse: Naturphilosophisches Wissen und die Elementenlehre in der Literatur des 13. Jahrhunderts (Hermaea. Neue Folge) (German Edition)
- Scholia vetera in Sophoclis "Trachinias" (Sammlung griechischer und lateinischer Grammatiker)
- The Signifying Power of Pearl: Medieval Literary and Cultural Contexts for the Transformation of Genre
- Epic Interactions: Perspectives on Homer, Virgil, and the Epic Tradition Presented to Jasper Griffin by Former Pupils
- The Rhetoric of Seeing in Attic Forensic Oratory
Extra resources for Late Medieval Englishwomen: Julian of Norwich; Marjorie Kempe and Juliana Berners: Printed Writings, 1500–1640: Series I, Part Four, Volume 3 (The Early ... Writings, 1500â€“1640: Series I, Part Four)