By Sebastian Coxon
Read Online or Download Laughter and Narrative in the Later Middle Ages: German Comic Tales C.1350-1525 (Legenda Main Series) PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
Via a chain of cutting edge severe readings Richard Hunter builds an image of the way the ancients mentioned the which means of literary works and their significance in society. He can pay specific recognition to the interaction of feedback and creativity via now not treating feedback in isolation from the works which the critics mentioned.
"Legendary Rome" is the 1st publication to supply a comparative therapy of the reinvention of Rome's origins within the poetry of Vergil, Tibullus and Propertius. It additionally examines the influence that the altering topography of Rome, as orchestrated via the emperor Augustus, had on these poets' renditions of Rome's mythical previous.
This crucial serious anthology explores the lifetime of Anna Komnene, the Byzantine context during which she wrote, and the impression of the Alexiad on her instances and on next ancient works of literature.
An interdisciplinary method, the most important because it is in so much fields of analysis, proves itself to be unescapable within the examine of interactions among the traditional Armenian and Greek worlds and literatures. the amount arises from such an expertise and collects papers awarded in a convention which has been equipped in 2013 on the college of Genova, because of a cooperation with the Université Paris-Sorbonne, following within the footsteps of a convention inaugurated via Giancarlo Bolognesi within the years '80 and '90.
- The Age of Robert Guiscard: Southern Italy and the Northern Conquest (The Medieval World)
- Rethinking Chaucerian Beasts (The New Middle Ages)
- Women Writing Latin: Women Writing Latin in Roman Antiquity, Late Antiquity, and the Early Christian Era: 001 (Women Writers of the World)
- The Carolingian Debate over Sacred Space (The New Middle Ages)
- Translating Classical Plays: Collected Papers (Routledge Monographs in Classical Studies)
- Margery Kempe and the Lonely Reader
Extra resources for Laughter and Narrative in the Later Middle Ages: German Comic Tales C.1350-1525 (Legenda Main Series)