By Matti Hayry
Liberal Utilitarianism and utilized Ethics will attract scholars and academics of philosophy who're drawn to the doctrine of utilitarianism or in moral decison-making.
Read Online or Download Liberal Utilitarianism and Applied Ethics (Social Ethics and Policy) PDF
Best philosophical movements books
Derrida and Phenomenology is a set of essays by means of numerous authors, totally dedicated to Jacques Derrida's writing on Edmund Husserl's phenomenology. It provides a variety of reactions to these writings, either severe and supportive, and includes many in-depth reviews. viewers: Communicates new reviews of Derrida's critique of Husserl to these acquainted with the problems: experts in phenomenology, deconstruction, the philosophies of Derrida and Husserl.
During this quantity, Maher contextualizes the paintings of a bunch of up to date analytic philosophers—The Pittsburgh School—whose paintings is characterised through an curiosity within the historical past of philosophy and a dedication to normative functionalism, or the perception that to spot anything as a manifestation of conceptual capacities is to put it in an area of norms.
This ebook recognizes and highlights the ethical excellence embedded in black queer practices of kinfolk. Taking the lives, narratives, and artistic explorations of black queer humans heavily, Thelathia Nikki younger brings readers on a trip of latest, queer moral tools that come with war of words, resistance, and mind's eye.
This ebook explores the relation among Heidegger, Levinas and Derrida via a discussion with specialists at the paintings of those together influential thinkers. each one essay during this assortment specializes in the relation among not less than of those 3 philosophers concentrating on quite a few subject matters, equivalent to Alterity, Justice, fact and Language.
- Empiricism at the Crossroads: The Vienna Circle's Protocol-Sentence Debate Revisited: 4 (Full Circle)
- Feminist Interpretations of William James (Re-Reading the Canon)
- Klassiker jenseits der Klassik: Wilhelm Heinses 'Ardinghello' - Individualitätskonzeption und Rezeptionsgeschichte (Communicatio) (German Edition)
- Feminism, Foucault, and Embodied Subjectivity (SUNY series in Contemporary Continental Philosophy)
- Feeling and Value, Willing and Action: Essays in the Context of a Phenomenological Psychology (Phaenomenologica)
- George Herbert Mead in the Twenty-first Century
Extra info for Liberal Utilitarianism and Applied Ethics (Social Ethics and Policy)