By Robert Ricigliano
Read or Download Making Peace Last: A Toolbox for Sustainable Peacebuilding PDF
Similar war & peace books
Written among the 2 global Wars this quantity examines schooling from the yankee, British, French & German views and the measure to which the portrayal of these nations at school textbooks contributes to nationalism or international peace.
Democracies are tremendous not likely to salary struggle opposed to different democracies – this major proposition of the Democratic Peace concept constitutes the place to begin for this quantity. Chapters authored via specialists from varied elements of the area discover the concept that of Democratic Peace in better intensity with regards to chosen factor parts and compared to different ideas akin to protection groups or live shows of powers.
This quantity examines mechanisms for neighborhood peacemaking and clash administration in Europe and the center East. to this point little examine has been dedicated to uncovering the stipulations for peace, and the standards that give a contribution to stabilizing the kingdom of peace. This quantity assesses the standards that give a contribution to neighborhood pacification, the incentives that inspire states in developing peaceable family members, and most significantly, how areas develop into peaceable.
Nations hardly disappear off the map. within the twentieth century, just a couple of nations shared this destiny with Yugoslavia. The dissolution of Yugoslavia ended in the most important conflict in Europe in view that 1945, giant human rights violations and over 100,000 sufferers. Debating the top of Yugoslavia is much less an try and re-write the dissolution of Yugoslavia, or to supply a special narrative, than to take inventory and ponder the scholarship thus far.
- Targeting Peace: Understanding UN and EU Targeted Sanctions
- Living on the Edge: Iran and the Practice of Nuclear Hedging
- Handbook on Peace Education
- Refugees, Prisoners and Camps: A Functional Analysis of the Phenomenon of Encampment
- Military Chaplains in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Beyond: Advisement and Leader Engagement in Highly Religious Environments (Peace and Security in the 21st Century)
- Women, Reconciliation and the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict: The Road Not Yet Taken (Routledge Studies on the Arab-Israeli Conflict)
Extra resources for Making Peace Last: A Toolbox for Sustainable Peacebuilding