By Margaret R. Schleissner
Read or Download Manuscript Sources of Medieval Medicine: A Book of Essays (Medieval Casebooks Series) PDF
Best literary medieval criticism books
Via a chain of cutting edge serious readings Richard Hunter builds an image of the way the ancients mentioned the that means of literary works and their value in society. He can pay specific consciousness to the interaction of feedback and creativity via now not treating feedback in isolation from the works which the critics mentioned.
"Legendary Rome" is the 1st e-book to supply a comparative therapy of the reinvention of Rome's origins within the poetry of Vergil, Tibullus and Propertius. It additionally examines the influence that the altering topography of Rome, as orchestrated through the emperor Augustus, had on these poets' renditions of Rome's mythical previous.
This important severe anthology explores the lifetime of Anna Komnene, the Byzantine context during which she wrote, and the effect of the Alexiad on her instances and on next old works of literature.
An interdisciplinary procedure, an important because it is in so much fields of study, proves itself to be unescapable within the learn of interactions among the traditional Armenian and Greek worlds and literatures. the amount arises from such an knowledge and collects papers offered in a convention which has been prepared in 2013 on the collage of Genova, because of a cooperation with the Université Paris-Sorbonne, following within the footsteps of a convention inaugurated by means of Giancarlo Bolognesi within the years '80 and '90.
- Reading Dante's Stars
- Our Ancient Wars: Rethinking War through the Classics
- The Literature of the Ancient Egyptians: Poems, Narratives, and Manuals of Instruction from the Third and Second Millenia B.C. (Routledge Revivals)
- T.S. Eliot and the Failure to Connect: Satire on Modern Misunderstandings (Palgrave Pivot)
- The Passing of Arthur: New Essays in Arthurian Tradition (Routledge Library Editions: Arthurian Literature)
- Roman Theories of Translation: Surpassing the Source (Routledge Monographs in Classical Studies)
Additional info for Manuscript Sources of Medieval Medicine: A Book of Essays (Medieval Casebooks Series)