By Turid Karlsen Seim,Jorunn Økland
Read or Download Metamorphoses: Resurrection, Body and Transformative Practices in Early Christianity (Ekstasis: Religious Experience from Antiquity to the Middle) (Ekstasis: ... from Antiquity to the Middle Ages) PDF
Similar judaism books
Contemplative country demanding situations the long-standing view that theology isn't really an essential component of the Jewish culture. For political and philosophical purposes, either students of Judaism and Jewish thinkers have sought to reduce the function of theology in Judaism. This booklet constructs a brand new version for realizing Jewish theological language that emphasizes the principal position of theological mirrored image in Judaism and the shut dating among theological mirrored image and spiritual perform within the Jewish culture.
Within the narrative of Israel and Judah present in the booklet of Kings, the top of a king's rule is summed up in a sequence of inventory statements that start with the poetic idiom for dying: 'and [the king] lay along with his fathers. ' The precis statements all revolve round the challenge of royal loss of life and succession, encapsulated in a short epilogue that consisted ordinarily of a observe of burial (in the royal tombs) and the advent of the successor.
During this research, Aleksander Michalak focuses customarily at the organization of angelic beings with struggle within the Jewish literary assets. the writer has tested a number of the depictions of the warrior angels within the literature of the second one Temple interval just about the roots of such representations, their reputation, and numerous theological implications.
The Yudisher Theriak [Jewish Theriac] by means of Zalman Zvi of Aufhausen, first released in Hanau, in 1615, used to be a reaction to an anti-Jewish paintings titled Jüdischer abgestreiffter Schlangenbalg [Jewish Shed Snakeskin], written via a Jewish convert to Chistianity, Samuel Friedrich Brenz, and released in Nürnberg and Augsburg in 1614.
- The Alphabet That Changed the World: How Genesis Preserves a Science of Consciousness in Geometry and Gesture
- Elijah and the Rabbis: Story and Theology
- Witnessing a Prophetic Text in the Making: The Literary, Textual and Linguistic Development of Jeremiah 10:1-16 (Beihefte zur Zeitschrift für die alttestamentliche Wissenschaft)
- Verzaubertes Hören: Das Zusammenwirken von Musik- und Wortsprache als Zeichen gottesdienstlicher Polyphonie (Praktische Theologie Im Wissenschaftsdiskurs) (German Edition)
- Jews and Gender: The Challenge to Hierarchy (Studies in Contemporary Jewry)
- Faith and Freedom: Moses Mendelssohn's Theological-Political Thought
Extra info for Metamorphoses: Resurrection, Body and Transformative Practices in Early Christianity (Ekstasis: Religious Experience from Antiquity to the Middle) (Ekstasis: ... from Antiquity to the Middle Ages)