By Matthew Lynch
Read or Download Monotheism and Institutions in the Book of Chronicles: Temple, Priesthood, and Kingship in Post-Exilic Perspective. Studies of the Sofja Kovalevskaja Research ... (Forschungen zum Alten Testament. 2. Reihe) PDF
Similar judaism books
Contemplative state demanding situations the long-standing view that theology isn't really an integral part of the Jewish culture. For political and philosophical purposes, either students of Judaism and Jewish thinkers have sought to reduce the position of theology in Judaism. This ebook constructs a brand new version for knowing Jewish theological language that emphasizes the significant function of theological mirrored image in Judaism and the shut courting among theological mirrored image and non secular perform within the Jewish culture.
Within the narrative of Israel and Judah present in the booklet of Kings, the top of a king's rule is summed up in a sequence of inventory statements that start with the poetic idiom for loss of life: 'and [the king] lay together with his fathers. ' The precis statements all revolve round the challenge of royal loss of life and succession, encapsulated in a short epilogue that consisted in general of a observe of burial (in the royal tombs) and the creation of the successor.
During this learn, Aleksander Michalak focuses mostly at the organization of angelic beings with war within the Jewish literary resources. the writer has tested a few of the depictions of the warrior angels within the literature of the second one Temple interval near to the roots of such representations, their reputation, and numerous theological implications.
The Yudisher Theriak [Jewish Theriac] by means of Zalman Zvi of Aufhausen, first released in Hanau, in 1615, was once a reaction to an anti-Jewish paintings titled Jüdischer abgestreiffter Schlangenbalg [Jewish Shed Snakeskin], written by means of a Jewish convert to Chistianity, Samuel Friedrich Brenz, and released in Nürnberg and Augsburg in 1614.
- Pistis and the Righteous One: A Study of Romans 1:17 against the Background of Scripture and Second Temple Jewish Literature (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament / 2. Reihe)
- Interpretations of the Name Israel in Ancient Judaism and Some Early Christian Writings: From Victorious Athlete to Heavenly Champion
- Elias Bickerman as a Historian of the Jews: A Twentieth Century Tale (Texts and Studies in Ancient Judaism)
- Isaiah Berlin: The Journey of a Jewish Liberal (Palgrave Studies in Cultural and Intellectual History)
- Messiah and Exaltation: Jewish Messianic and Visionary Traditions and New Testament Christology (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament)
- Die Vorstellung von dem Messias ben Ephraim im Judentum (German Edition)
Extra info for Monotheism and Institutions in the Book of Chronicles: Temple, Priesthood, and Kingship in Post-Exilic Perspective. Studies of the Sofja Kovalevskaja Research ... (Forschungen zum Alten Testament. 2. Reihe)