By Gary Goertz
An leading edge and available textbook on multimethod and case-study research
Multimethod examine has turn into integral to doing social technology, and is key to a person who conducts large-scale study tasks in political technological know-how, sociology, schooling, comparative legislations, or company. This authoritative and obtainable publication deals the 1st actually complete method of multimethod and case-study examine, and is especially aimed toward scholars of qualitative equipment within the social sciences.
Walking step by step via those state-of-the-art instruments and strategies, Gary Goertz introduces a brand new built-in technique that unites 3 corners of a robust examine triad—causal mechanisms, cross-case causal inference, and within-case causal inference. He explains how the research of causal mechanisms and the making of within-case causal inference are the vital targets of multimethod and case examine examine, and gives a common sense for connecting case reports and causal mechanism research with cross-case research, whether or not they are statistical analyses, experiments, or QCA. additionally, Goertz analyzes how you can generalize utilizing case experiences, in addition to systematically try out game-theoretic and different versions utilizing a number of case studies.
- Provides a completely built-in method of multimethod and case-study research
- An crucial source for college kids and researchers in political technology, sociology, schooling, legislations, and business
- Covers constraint causal mechanism, video game conception and case reports, QCA, and using case reviews to systematically attempt and generalize theories
- An excellent textbook for a first-year graduate direction in tools or examine design
Read Online or Download Multimethod Research, Causal Mechanisms, and Case Studies: An Integrated Approach PDF
Best war & peace books
Written among the 2 international Wars this quantity examines schooling from the yank, British, French & German views and the measure to which the portrayal of these nations at school textbooks contributes to nationalism or international peace.
Democracies are super not going to salary warfare opposed to different democracies – this major proposition of the Democratic Peace concept constitutes the start line for this quantity. Chapters authored via specialists from assorted elements of the area discover the idea that of Democratic Peace in better intensity relating to chosen factor parts and compared to different thoughts akin to safety groups or live shows of powers.
This quantity examines mechanisms for nearby peacemaking and clash administration in Europe and the center East. to this point little learn has been dedicated to uncovering the stipulations for peace, and the standards that give a contribution to stabilizing the country of peace. This quantity assesses the criteria that give a contribution to neighborhood pacification, the incentives that inspire states in constructing peaceable kinfolk, and most significantly, how areas turn into peaceable.
International locations hardly ever disappear off the map. within the twentieth century, just a couple of international locations shared this destiny with Yugoslavia. The dissolution of Yugoslavia resulted in the most important conflict in Europe considering that 1945, big human rights violations and over 100,000 sufferers. Debating the top of Yugoslavia is much less an try and re-write the dissolution of Yugoslavia, or to supply a special narrative, than to take inventory and consider the scholarship thus far.
- Indigenous Conflict Management Strategies in West Africa: Beyond Right and Wrong (Conflict and Security in the Developing World)
- Maritime Power in the Black Sea (Corbett Centre for Maritime Policy Studies Series)
- Security, Democracy and War Crimes: Security Sector Transformation in Serbia (New Security Challenges)
- Strategic Cultural Change and the Challenge for Security Policy: Germany and the Bundeswehr's Deployment to Afghanistan (New Security Challenges)
- Making Peace: The Contribution of International Institutions (The Sciences Po Series in International Relations and Political Economy)
- Cyberactivism and Citizen Journalism in Egypt: Digital Dissidence and Political Change (Information Technology and Global Governance)
Extra resources for Multimethod Research, Causal Mechanisms, and Case Studies: An Integrated Approach