By Joel Hecker
Read or Download Mystical Bodies, Mystical Meals: Eating and Embodiment in Medieval Kabbalah (Raphael Patai Series in Jewish Folklore and Anthropology) PDF
Best judaism books
Contemplative kingdom demanding situations the long-standing view that theology isn't an integral part of the Jewish culture. For political and philosophical purposes, either students of Judaism and Jewish thinkers have sought to reduce the position of theology in Judaism. This publication constructs a brand new version for realizing Jewish theological language that emphasizes the primary position of theological mirrored image in Judaism and the shut dating among theological mirrored image and spiritual perform within the Jewish culture.
Within the narrative of Israel and Judah present in the ebook of Kings, the tip of a king's rule is summed up in a sequence of inventory statements that commence with the poetic idiom for demise: 'and [the king] lay together with his fathers. ' The precis statements all revolve round the challenge of royal dying and succession, encapsulated in a short epilogue that consisted in most cases of a realize of burial (in the royal tombs) and the advent of the successor.
During this learn, Aleksander Michalak focuses almost always at the organization of angelic beings with struggle within the Jewish literary resources. the writer has tested many of the depictions of the warrior angels within the literature of the second one Temple interval on the subject of the roots of such representations, their attractiveness, and numerous theological implications.
The Yudisher Theriak [Jewish Theriac] through Zalman Zvi of Aufhausen, first released in Hanau, in 1615, used to be a reaction to an anti-Jewish paintings titled Jüdischer abgestreiffter Schlangenbalg [Jewish Shed Snakeskin], written by means of a Jewish convert to Chistianity, Samuel Friedrich Brenz, and released in Nürnberg and Augsburg in 1614.
- The Planning and Building of the Hebrew University, 1919–1948: Facing the Temple Mount
- Meditation and Judaism: Exploring the Jewish Meditative Paths
- In Praise of Baal Shem Tov (Shivhei Ha-Besht: the Earliest Collection of Legends About the Founder of Hasidism) (Shivhei Ha-Besht : the Earliest Collection of Legends About the Founder of Hasidism)
- Ritual and Morality: The Ritual Purity System and its Place in Judaism
- Thy Father’s Instruction: Reading the Nuremberg Miscellany as Jewish Cultural History (Studia Judaica)
- Dreams, Riddles, and Visions: Textual, Contextual, and Intertextual Approaches to the Book of Daniel (Beihefte zur Zeitschrift für die alttestamentliche Wissenschaft)
Extra info for Mystical Bodies, Mystical Meals: Eating and Embodiment in Medieval Kabbalah (Raphael Patai Series in Jewish Folklore and Anthropology)